- €7 in addition to the admission price (Passports, Palace tickets, Trianon Palaces and Marie-Antoinette’s Estate tickets, “A Year in Versailles” card).
Before paying the admission price, please check whether you are eligible for free admission.
- Admission is free for children under 10 and for people accompanying a disabled visitor.
Book a visit
- Reservations are required by telephone at +33 (0)1 30 83 78 00 or at the North Ministers Wing, subject to availability.
- Some visits to the Private Apartments of the Kings can be booked on line.
Programme of guided tours
From October 2014 to March 2015
THE PRIVATE APARTMENTS OF THE KINGS
Behind the walls and the pageantry of the Grand Apartments lie the private apartments of the Kings. Discover the intimate atmosphere and refined decoration of the living spaces: the dining room, the Clock Cabinet, the Cabinet d’Angle with Louis XV’s rolltop desk – considered one of the most famous pieces of furniture in the world – Louis XVI’s library, etc.
DISCOVER THE ROYAL CHAPEL'S ORGAN
The Royal Chapel opens its doors on the 1st Sunday of the month from November to March for a free visit-concert.
No reservations, free admission
Access on the day of the concert within the limits of Royal Chapel’s capacity
The inscriptions will be made at the counter of the Chapel
MUSICAL THURDAYS AT THE ROYAL CHAPEL
Every Thursday starting in November (except certain exceptional occasions), come and discover the masterpieces of the French and European repertoires of the 17th and 18th centuries at the Royal Chapel. These pieces are performed by Les Pages & Les Chantres of the Centre de Musique Baroque de Versailles.
At 3 pm and 3.30 pm: Organ concert for Palace visitors (approximately 20 minutes)
At 5.30: Organ recital and choir performance (approximately 1h15 minutes)
Free admission within the limits of the Royal Chapel’s capacity upon presentation of a Palace admission ticket.
Every Monday preceding Musical Thursdays and during school holidays (Christmas, Winter and Spring), students also rehearse at the Chapel from 12 pm to 6 pm, except for exceptional cases when other events are being held.
THE JEU DE PAUME ROOM
Every afternoon except Mondays, you can visit the Jeu de Paume Room, an emblematic site of the French Revolution located just a short walk from the Palace.
2 tour options:
- Individual visits, Tuesdays to Sundays from 2 pm to 5.45 pm
- Guided tours on Saturdays at 3 pm (sign up with the Tourist Office)
For groups, guided tours are organised upon request
Tel.: +33(0)1 39 24 88 88 and versailles-tourisme.com