From July 17 to September 17 2020, the Palace of Versailles is organizing a drawing contest on Instagram on the theme "draw me Versailles". You can participate by posting your drawings on your Instagram account, using the hashtag #DessineMoiVersailles.
Follow @chateauversailles on Instagram
The theme of the competition is "Draw me Versailles". The participant's approach to the theme must be creative, aesthetic and personal.
For example, the participant can represent:
- the castle,
- the gardens and the domains of Versailles and Trianon,
- a reinterpretation of a scene or a historical figure, illustrated in a humorous or singular way,
- an original creation inspired by the universe of Versailles,
The goal of the contest is to draw an aspect of Versailles that is dear to the hearts of the participants.
The practical details of the competition:
- Follow the Instagram account: @chateauversailles
- Publish your photos using #DessineMoiVersailles
- Identify the Palace’s account @chateauversailles in each photo
A jury, made up of staff from the public establishment and professional designers, will select 6 drawings from 6 different participants. The jury vote will take place at the end of October 2020.
The criteria for selecting the winners are as follows:
- the adequacy to the theme "Draw me Versailles",
- the originality of the approach and the artistic value
The number of likes on the photos will not affect the selection of winners.
The 6 winners will be invited to an Instagram meeting or "instameet" during an evening on October 13, 2020 (6.30 p.m. - 9.30 p.m.). Accompanied by the castle’s team of Instagram influencers, they will take a private tour of the following places: Royal Chapel, King’s Great Apartment, Hall of Mirrors, King’s Chamber and Gallery of Battles.
They may be accompanied by a person of their choice.
Make an online donation
Take part in the history of the palace of Versailles by supporting a project that suits you: adopt a linden tree, contribute to the missions of the Palace or participate in the refurnishing of the royal apartments.I support Versailles