useful information for your visit
- The Palace is open every day except Monday. The Palace opens at 9 am; the Trianon estate opens at noon, from Tuesday to Sunday.
- In order to reduce your waiting time at the audioguide desk, download the visit application on your mobile phone. It contains all the audio guides, an interactive map and practical information.
- The Gardens and the Park are open everyday. Access to the Gardens is free except on days of fountains shows.
- To make the most of your visit at Versailles, plan to spend a full day in the estate. Read our advices to better organize your visit.
- Guided tours allow you to visit otherwise closed rooms and then to directly join free visit routes.
- See the rules of visit
Getting to the Palace
Place d’Armes, 78000 Versailles
Check out the interactive map Bienvenue à Versailles
To ensure the anti-terrorist security plan, opening hours of the gates have changed, every bag or vehicle is controlled upon access and large baggage items are not admitted on the Estate (exceeding 55x35x25 cm).
Find out more
From the seat of power to a museum of the history of France
A place of intimacy
The art of perspective
A haven of greenery
Visit the estate
5 february 2022 - 5 june 2022
The Palace of Versailles is presenting two masterpieces of 18th-century sculpture, commissioned by Louis XIV and Louis XV respectively: Zéphyr, Flore et l’Amour, and L'Abondance. These works, recently rediscovered and identified after many years of searching, and are now entering the Palace of Versailles’ collections. The exhibition is an opportunity to retrace the unique journey of these works, from their creation to their entrance in the national collections.
The Rabbids have invaded the Gardens of Versailles! You have to repair the damage and flush them out to send them back where they came from!
Plan my visit
During guided tours, a speaker from the Palace invites you into lesser known locations otherwise closed to the visitors. You can also book online tours to discover the backstage of the Castle from your home!
Located in the the Great Stables of the Palace of Versailles, the Gallery of Coaches exceptionally reopens its doors to visitors, free of charge, every Saturday and Sunday afternoon from 12.30pm to 6.30pm.