useful information for your visit
- The Palace is open every day except Monday. The Palace opens at 9 am; the Trianon estate opens at noon, from Tuesday to Sunday.
- Remember to book the audioguide, available in 12 languages. A distribution desk is available in the Vestibule of the Gabriel's Pavilion (every day except on Mondays).
- The mobile app is also available. Download the audio tours, consult the opening times in real time and follow your tour on the interactive map of the estate.
- Open every day, the Park and Gardens are free from November to March. From April to October, access to the Gardens is charged from Tuesday to Sunday (days of the Fountains shows and Musical Gardens).
- To make the most of your visit at Versailles, plan to spend a full day in the estate. Read our advices to better organize your visit.
- Guided tours allow you to visit otherwise closed rooms and then to directly join free visit routes.
- With Tootbus, take advantage of a combined ticket (bus journey from Paris + Passport ticket).
Getting to the Palace
Place d’Armes, 78000 Versailles
Check out the interactive map Bienvenue à Versailles
To ensure the anti-terrorist security plan, opening hours of the gates have changed, every bag or vehicle is controlled upon access and large baggage items are not admitted on the Estate (exceeding 55x35x25 cm).
Find out more
See the rules of visit
Visit the estate
Services on site
To learn more about the Palace during your visit, remember to book the audioguide available in 12 languages. You can pick it up at a special counter in the Vestibule of the Gabriel Pavilion or book it online.
The Rabbids have invaded the Gardens of Versailles! You have to repair the damage and flush them out to send them back where they came from!
Plan my visit
During guided tours, a speaker from the Palace invites you into lesser known locations otherwise closed to the visitors. You can also book online tours to discover the backstage of the Castle from your home!
Located in the the Great Stables of the Palace of Versailles, the Gallery of Coaches opens its doors to all, free of charge, every weekend afternoons from 12.30 pm to 5.30 pm.