useful information for your visit
- Access to the Park only, by the Queen’s gate (for pedestrians, cyclists and vehicles every day), by the Saint-Antoine gate (for pedestrians and cyclists every day and for vehicles on weekends and holidays) and by the Matelots gate (for pedestrians and cyclists every day) from 8 am to 6 pm, last access at 5:30pm.
- The Palace, the gardens and the Estate of Trianon are closed until further notice. Outside the lock-down period, the Palace is open every day except Mondays, the Palace opens at 9:00 am. The Coach Gallery and the Estate of Trianon is open only in the afternoon, from Tuesday to Sunday.
- To avoid waiting time at the audioguide desk, download now the free mobile app with all audioguides and information about you visit.
- The Gardens and the Park are open everyday. Access to the Gardens is free except on days of fountains shows.
- To make the most of your visit at Versailles, plan to spend a full day in the estate. Read our advices to better organize your visit.
- Guided tours allow you to visit otherwise closed rooms and then to directly join free visit routes.
- See the rules of visit
Getting to the Palace
Place d’Armes, 78000 Versailles
Check out the interactive map Bienvenue à Versailles
To ensure the anti-terrorist security plan, opening hours of the gates have changed, every bag or vehicle is controlled upon access and large baggage items are not admitted on the Estate (exceeding 55x35x25 cm).
Find out more
Visit the estate
The Palace of Versailles presents many operas, concerts, gala evening and ballets in some of its exceptional sites as the Royal Opera and the Royal Chapel. Discover the 2020-2021 musical season programme.
Shows, visits and guided tours: discover the program of the National Equestrian Academy for the 2017-2018 season.
From April 4th to November 1st 2020 / The Gardens
From April 4th to November 1st 2020, enjoy the Musical Fountains Shows and the Musical Gardens in the Gardens and the groves open for the occasion. During summer, every Saturday night discover the Gardens of Versailles differently with the Night Fountains shows.
Concerts, operas, masked balls and shows : discover the programme for the 10th edition of the Festival of Versailles.