useful information for your visit
- The Palace is open every day except on Mondays from 9:00 am, but the estate of Trianon and the Coach Gallery only open in the afternoon.
- To avoid waiting time at the audioguide desk, download now the free mobile app with all audioguides and information about you visit
- The Gardens and the Park are open everyday. Access to the Gardens is free except on days of fountains shows.
- To make the most of your visit at Versailles, plan to spend a full day in the estate. Read our advices to better organize your visit.
- Guided tours allow you to visit otherwise closed rooms and then to directly join free visit routes.
Getting to the Palace
Place d’Armes, 78000 Versailles
Check out the interactive map Bienvenue à Versailles
To ensure the anti-terrorist security plan, opening hours of the gates have changed, every bag or vehicle is controlled upon access and large baggage items are not admitted on the Estate (exceeding 55x35x25 cm).
Find out more
From the seat of power to a museum of the history of France
A place of intimacy
The art of perspective
The Coach Gallery
Visit the estate
The Palace of Versailles presents many operas, concerts, gala evening and ballets in some of its exceptional sites: the Royal Opera and the Royal Chapel. Discover the 2018-2019 musical season programme of Château de Versailles Spectacles’ 10th season since the reopening of the Royal Opera in 2009.
Shows, visits and guided tours: discover the program of the National Equestrian Academy for the 2017-2018 season.
From 2 April to 29 October 2019 / The Gardens
From 2 April to 29 October 2019, enjoy the Musical Fountains Shows and the Musical Gardens in the Gardens and the groves open for the occasion. During summer, every Saturday night discover the Gardens of Versailles differently with the Night Fountains shows.