opening of the palace and gardens
In July and August, the groves of the gardens are open every day (except Mondays) with the Musical Fountains shows and Musical Gardens shows (see the agenda). Access to the gardens is subject to a fee.
Access to the Palace of Versailles is possible with a time-stamped ticket, preferably booked through the online ticketing service.
For holders of the "1 year at Versailles" card and for Friends of Versailles, time reservations are not required.
Protect myself and others
The following measures can help you protect yourself (and others) from the virus:
- Wash your hands very often or use hydro-alcoholic gel;
- Use single-use tissues, and then throw them away;
- Cough and sneeze into your arm or into a tissue;
- Do not shake hands or greet people with kisses on the cheek;
- Avoid touching your face;
- Respect social distancing: you should remain further than a metre from others;
- Wear a mask wherever it is obligatory to do so as well as in situations where social distancing cannot be respected;
- Limit social contacts as much as possible (and to a maximum of six people);
- Air rooms for ten minutes, three times a day.
At the Estate of Versailles, use the TousAntiCovid application :
- TousAntiCovid is an application enriched with access to factual and health information on the epidemic. It allows the user to be alerted or to alert others in case of exposure to Covid-19. The user can thus act directly for his or her health and that of others by contributing to breaking the transmission chains and slowing the spread of the virus.
- The application respects the privacy of users, storing only the proximity history of a mobile phone and no other data. Moreover, the use of TousAntiCovid is voluntary and each user is free to activate and deactivate it as the situation requires.
The TousAntiCovid application is available for download at :
All Coronavirus information can be found on the Government’s special website.
A toll-free hotline service (French only) can answer your questions about the Coronavirus COVID-19 non-stop, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
0 800 130 000 (from abroad: +33 800 130 000, depending on your operator)
Please note that the toll-free hotline service cannot give medical advice.