The Academy is an institution dedicated to excellence, built on the transmission of expertise and fertile exchange between different artistic disciplines. A place of creativity and sharing with the public, it was born of a unique adventure shining a spotlight on the equestrian arts in a contemporary way.
Bartabas, the founder of the project, transformed the Royal Stables into a stage. The horseman dreamed of creating his own equestrian ballet company, an exceptional troupe in which each artist could reveal their own talents and excel in original and unusual scenarios.
Outside of Versailles, the Academy also performs its “La Voie de l’Écuyer” show across France and abroad. The troupe puts on original shows in unusual locations and in collaboration with artists from different backgrounds.
La Voie de l’Écuyer
The Academy presents its repertory show, taking the form of a new Opus each year combining the art of dressage, singing, stage fencing, kyudo (Japanese archery), and dance.
The performance is followed by an unaccompanied tour of the Stables.
Not recommended for children under 5
- Saturdays at 6 pm : from 16 February to 28 December 2019
- Sundays at 3 pm : from 17 February to 29 December 2019
- At 3 pm, Tuesday 30 April 2019
- Wednesdays at 3 pm : 27 February, 6 March, 24 April, 8 May, 14 August, 23 and 30 October, 20 November 2019
- Thursdays à 3 pm : 25 April, 2 and 30 May, 15 August, 24 and 31 October, 21 November, 26 December 2019
Duration: 1hr 10 followed by an unaccompanied tour of the Stables.
Price: from €16 to €25
There is no shows from 13 August to 28 September 2018.
Palace Ticket + Tour of the Equestrian academy of Versailles
This ticket gives you access to the Palace of Versailles, including the Palace's exhibitions, the Coach Gallery and a tour of the Equestrian acadamy.
Discover the King's Great Stables, home to the National Equestrian Academy, a truly contemporary Pages’ school.
- Wednesdays from 1.30 pm to 4.30 pm : from 3 April to 16 October 2019
- Thursdays fomr 1.30 pm to 4.30 pm : from 4 July to 8 August 2019
- Saturdays from 1.30 pm to 4.30 pm : from 16 February to 28 December 2019
Single ticket price: €5
Free for children under 5
Contact: 01 39 02 62 70