What are the dates of the free Sundays?
The Versailles Estate is open and free of charge to visitors on the first Sunday of the month from November to March.
Is there a charge for admission to the Gardens and the Park?
The access to the Versailles Park is free for pedestrians and cycles, but there is a charge for vehicles: €3 for a motorcycle, €6 for a car, €30 for a bus (with 12 seats or more).
- From November to March, the access to the Gardens is free every day.
- From April to October, there is an admission charge to enter the Gardens on the days of the Musical Fountains show and Musical Gardens (on Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays, and on a few additional dates (mainly bank holidays).
What are the conditions for free admission (young people, teachers, jobseekers, disabled people, etc.)?
- Young people under 18 years old
- European Union residents under 26 years old
- Teachers appointed to a French school with their Education Pass
- Disabled people and their accompanying adult
- French jobseekers on presentation of documentary proof dated from the last 6 months
Etc... To check whether you are entitled to free admission, click here.
If you are entitled, when you arrive at the Palace, go directly to the main entrance with your documentary proof.
NB: you may still have a long wait at the entrance check points.
How can I avoid the queues at the ticket desks?
To avoid the queues at the Palace ticket desks, we recommend you to buy your tickets from the online ticket office.
Nevertheless, you may have to wait to enter the Palace on crowded days.
What are the places that are free for everyone ?
- Located in the Great Stables of the palace of Versailles, the Gallery of Coaches is open from 12:30 pm to 5:30 pm (during Low Season) or from 12:30 pm to 6:30 pm (during High Season). Its access is free and does not require any ticket.
- The access to the gardens is free as well, without the Musical Fountains Shows or Musical Gardens.
During High Season, the access to the gardens is charged for the Musical Fountains Shows and Musical Gardens (on Tuesdays, Fridays, weekends and bank holidays, from 31st March to 31st October 2017), except for children between 0 and 5. During these days, 15 groves are exceptionally open to the public. (Access included in the Passport and 2-day Passport tickets)
- The Park is open every day throughout the year and its access is free.