GENERAL VISITOR INFORMATION
- The Palace of Versailles, Trianon Estate, Gardens, the gallery of Coaches and Park are open, with their usual opening hours.
- Visitors to the Palace must book in advance and select a specific time slot. We highly recommend that visitors pre-book their tickets online.
- Masks are compulsory for all visitors over the age of 11 (as per the governmental decree 2020-548 of 11 May 2020). Visitors are requested to bring their own masks (no mask will be sold or distributed on site).
- We recommend that visitors download the free Versailles visitor application.
- Visitors eligible for free visits must pre-book online. If this is not possible, they may book a time slot directly at the South Minister Wing.
- A Covid-19 Information and Assistance point in the South Ministers’ Wing informs visitors for any queries regarding the measures.
In order to provide the best possible visitor experience while abiding by the current health regulations, the following areas of the Palace will be open to visitors:
- The King’s State Apartments
- The Hall of Mirrors
- The Queen’s State Apartments
- The Gallery of Battles
- The Crusades Rooms
- The Empire Rooms
- Exhibition Air Imperial, in Madame de Maintenon's Appartment.
The Trianon Estate, comprising the Grand Trianon, the Petit Trianon, the Queen’s Hamlet and the gardens is also open to visitors.
Guided tours of the King’s Private Chambers, the Royal Opera House, the Royal Chapel, and the Apartments of Louis XV’s daughters are also be available.
MUSIC IN THE GARDENS AND THE FOUNTAIN SHOW
Fountains Shows and Musical Gardens take place on the normal schedule on Tuesdays, Fridays, Bank holidays and Week End through October at their usual operating hours.
The Night Fountain Shows take place every Saturday evening, from 27th of June to 19th of September. .
Preparing your Visit
You can download our visitor application free of charge. The application includes all audio guide content in 11 languages, along with an interactive maps and visitor tips and information. It also provides the latest, up-to-date information:
The left luggage service is also temporarily suspended. Visitors are not permitted to bring bulky items of luggage into the museums. Dangerous objects, umbrellas, scooters, tripods and selfie sticks are also forbidden. Small bags will be admitted, including bags containing drinks.
No eating or drinking is permitted inside the Palace or the Grand or Petit Trianon (only in the park and gardens).
A Covid-19 Information point has been set up in the South Ministers’ Wing to handle all questions.
Protective Measures in place at the Estate
- Masks are compulsory for all visitors over the age of 11 to the museums of Versailles and Le Trianon (as per the governmental decree No. 2020-548 of 11 May 2020 and the ruling of 27 May 2020 by the President of the Etablissement Public du Château de Versailles). Masks are recommended within the Park and Gardens. Visitors are requested to bring their own masks, as no masks will be distributed or sold on site.
- Sanitising hand gel dispensers have been installed at the entrance to each space.
- In order to abide by social distancing requirements and ensure a pleasant visitor experience for all, please use the markings on the ground and maintain a distance of one metre between yourself and other visitors.
- In order to avoid visitors overlapping, the entrances and exits are separate and clearly marked at the Palace of Versailles and on the Trianon Estate (entrance via the Grand Trianon only, exit via the Grand Trianon or Petit Trianon).
General Protective Measures
The basic hygiene measures recommended by France’s Ministry for Health and Solidarity are as follows:
- Wash your hands regularly with soapy water, or a sanitising solution
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing
- Do not shake hands or use other forms of contact when greeting people
- Maintain a respectful distance between yourself and all members of staff (in the museum, the park, restaurants and boutiques etc.) and fellow visitors
- Use paper tissues and dispose of them afterwards
- Wear a mask
A toll free number permanently answers your questions on Coronavirus COVID-19, everyday, 24/7: 0 800 130 000.