How do I book a visit with my class ?
How can I get the most out of my visit ?
There are various tools available for preparing your visit to Versailles, taking it further and preparing your lessons :
- Consult the pages on our website dedicated to the different locations on the Estate and the ‘Character’ sheets in the History section.
- The official mobile applications can be downloaded free from the App Store and Google Play.
Using audio tours, the Palace of Versailles application guides visitors around the Palace and Estate of Trianon and helps users identify where they are on the Estate via an interactive map.
Discover the gardens using the “Gardens of Versailles” application.
Some of the mobile applications offer visit routes that are specifically designed for children :
- Gardens of Versailles (discovering Versailles’ fountain engineers)
Getting there, services, practical advice, etc.: organise your visit using the interactive map.
- Game booklets are also available on request at the reception areas in the south Ministers’ Wing and at the entrance to the Gallery of Coaches.
Please send an email to this adress if you require a large quantity of games booklets for your visit.
You can register for the teachers’ newsletter and keep up to date with news, exhibitions and events and facilitate your visits to the Palace of Versailles.
Can I bring my class without booking ?
This access does not allow admission without queuing nor give teachers the right to lead guided tours.
For the Palace and the Estate of Trianon, teachers must carry with them a list of the pupils’ names and dates of birth (official school document).
How should I pay for my booking ?
Please send your payment as soon as possible after making a booking via the online ticket office. The Palace of Versailles must be able to process and clear the payment within 15 days of reception of the booking form. If the payment is not confirmed within this 15-day period, your booking will not be validated. Payment details are included in the booking confirmation.
The following payment methods are accepted:
- Bank card
- Payment against invoice, authorised only for public bodies, who should send an order form (the original of which must be presented on the day of the visit)
- Bank transfer
- Bank or post office cheque payable in France
Self-guided tours, booked by telephone, are free.
You will receive an order form which must be signed and returned (bearing the stamp of the school or other establishment) to email@example.com.
How do I access the teachers’ online ticket office and make a booking ?
To use the online ticket office, you must first create an account. To do this, fill in the account creation form. You will then receive an email with your login details, enabling you to log into your account and make a booking.
If you have already made purchases using a different Palace of Versailles online ticket office, please use a different email address, professional and nominative, to set up your teacher’s account.
The process for making an online booking :
- Step 1 : Log in to the schools’ online ticket office
- Step 2 : Choose the date and time of your visit
- Step 3 : Fill in the number of participants (pupils and adults) and select “1” for the number of groups
- Step 4 : Add to basket
- Step 5 : Fill in the name of the group
- Step 6 : Fill in the “comments” field (pupils’ academic level, specific requirements etc.)
- Step 7 : Accept the terms and conditions of sale by checking the relevant box in order to validate the booking
- Step 8 : An email and a booking confirmation will be sent to the email address used to set up the account
Can I visit the Palace before bringing my group ?
The Education Pass enables any working teacher to visit the Versailles Estate free of charge, including :
- the Palace
- the Estate of Trianon (Petit and Grand Trianon and Marie-Antoinette’s Estate)
- the gardens (Except on Fountains Show and Musical Gardens days)*
- temporary exhibitions
*Please note, entrance to the gardens must be paid for on Fountains Shows and Musical Gardens days. More information
Can my group eat on site ?
You can also picnic beside the Lake of the Swiss Guard (outside the Estate but accessible on foot from the Palace - opposite the Orangery).
Please note that picnics are not permitted in the gardens of Versailles.
How do I get to the Palace ?
You can get to the Palace:
There are several paying car parks. See all the car parks on the interactive plan
- In front of the Palace: Place d’Armes cars and coaches – open 24h/24h
- In the Park: Grand Canal, Petit Trianon, Grand Trianon, Queen’s hamlet (coaches only at the Trianon Palaces crossroads)
Access to the Park costs €6 for a car and €30 for a coach (12 seats and above).
Access to the Park is free for pedestrians, cyclists, disabled individuals and an accompanying person (on production of proof of disability).
My group includes a disabled individual. What should I do to prepare for their visit ?
If the group includes a young person who is disabled or has reduced mobility, you should mention this at stage 2 of your booking in the “comments" field.
What is the maximum permitted group size ?
The maximum size is 35, including accompanying adults.
How can I cancel or change my booking ?
Cancellations before payment must be made via your client account on the online ticket office.
Once payment has been made, your booking may be cancelled up to 15 days before the date of the visit by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any cancellation made less than 15 days before the date of the visit, the payment remains due to the Établissement public du château, du musée et du domaine national de Versailles and will be invoiced if payment is made by order form.
Bookings cannot be changed. Teachers must cancel the booking in question using their online account. They should then make a new booking according to their needs.
How far in advance can I book a visit ?
Bookings open three months in advance, at 9.00 am on the first working day of the month (e.g. for visits in January, bookings open at 9.00 am on the first working day of October).
Booking is not possible less than one month before the intended visit (except for self-guided tours, for which telephone bookings are possible up to the day before).