How can I avoid the queues at the ticket desks?
To avoid the queues at the Palace ticket desks, we recommend you to buy your tickets from the online ticket office.
Nevertheless, you may have to wait to enter the Palace on crowded days.
How much is a ticket for the Palace of Versailles? Where can I buy it?
There are several admission tickets for the Palace of Versailles. Choose according to how much time you have and the places you want to see.
- The Passport gives access to the entire Versailles Estate. It costs €20, or €27 on days of Musical Fountains show and Musical Gardens
- The 2-day Passport gives access to the entire Versailles Estate over 2 consecutive days. It costs €25, or €30 on days of Musical Fountains show and Musical Gardens
- The Palace ticket gives access only to the Palace of Versailles. The full price is €18 and the reduced price is €13.
On days of Musical Fountains show and Musical Gardens, if you only want to access the gardens, you can buy a ticket just for the show online or on site.
What are the conditions for free admission (young people, teachers, jobseekers, disabled people, etc.)?
- Young people under 18 years old
- European Union residents under 26 years old
- Teachers appointed to a French school with their Education Pass
- Disabled people and their accompanying adult
- French jobseekers on presentation of documentary proof dated from the last 6 months
Etc... To check whether you are entitled to free admission, click here.
If you are entitled, when you arrive at the Palace, go directly to the main entrance with your documentary proof.
NB: you may still have a long wait at the entrance check points.
Is there a single ticket for the whole Estate? Where can I buy it?
The Passport ticket gives admission to the entire Versailles Estate. It costs €20 or €27 on the days of Musical Fountains show and Musical Gardens
NB: this ticket does not give admission to Fountains Night show
You can buy this ticket from our online ticket office or at the ticket offices in the Palace, at the Grand Trianon or the Petit Trianon.
Is there a charge for admission to the Gardens and the Park?
The access to the Versailles Park is free for pedestrians and cycles, but there is a charge for vehicles: €3 for a motorcycle, €6 for a car, €30 for a bus (with 12 seats or more).
- From November to March, the access to the Gardens is free every day.
- From April to October, there is an admission charge to enter the Gardens on the days of the Musical Fountains show and Musical Gardens (on Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays, and on a few additional dates (mainly bank holidays).
What are the dates of the free Sundays?
The Versailles Estate is open and free of charge to visitors on the first Sunday of the month from November to March.